Discover Dumfries and Galloway.
Dumfries and Galloway is home to a wealth of activities. From day trips on a boat at sea to fishing in lochs and hiking across the Galloway Hills, there is always something to do.
- Cream O’ Galloway Activity Centre is the home of luxurious Ice cream brand Cream O’Galloway. Using organic milk, the centre sells a wide range of its delicious ice cream flavours. It also hosts tours of the working dairy farm.
- Senwick Alpaca Trekking is a unique experience in the area. Now is your chance to get to know friendly and playful alpacas whilst taking in the splendid surroundings of Dumfries and Galloway.
- Cally Gardens features towering 18th century walls which were once the kitchen and pleasure garden for Cally Palace. The gardens now provide shelter to thousands of rare and exotic plants. Cally Woods are also great for a beautiful walk amongst the trees.
- The Cocoabean Company is a family run chocolate factory and visitor attraction in the area. From children’s chocolate workshops to indoor and outdoor activity areas, The Cocoabean Company is a great day out.
- Nicknamed the Artist’s Town, Kirkcudbright is home to many famous artists. Many examples of their work can be found in the town in the Tolbooth Art Centre, Hornel Art Gallery at Broughton House and The Stewartry Museum, as well as in the fantastic Kirkcudbright Galleries, which opened in 2018.
- We are based in a coastal part of South West Scotland which has many beautiful beaches on offer. Choose either Carrick, Mossyard or Cardoness to build sandcastles and soak in the sea water.
- There are many local walks in the area. From Big Water of Fleet to Rutherford’s Monument, our Snugs’ location is also a gateway to the Galloway Hills offering an abundance of our beautiful walks.
- Cardoness Castle is a 15th-century tower house just south west of Gatehouse of Fleet.
- Officially designated as Scotland’s National Book Town in 1998, Wigtown features an impressive range of independent bookshops and is also home to the annual Wigtown Book Festival.
- The Wee Pottery in Kirkudbright is a new paint it yourself studio. Paint beautiful pieces of art on pottery whilst enjoying tea and coffee and cake. You an also get clay foot and hand prints made for your wee ones.
- Kirroughtree is the perfect place to explore the area and see some nature. What was once a a busy centre for lead mining has transformed into a beautiful forest for visitors to explore on foot or bike!